Support our work
- Support our work
Timberwatch functions primarily as a network of NGOs and individuals. Most of the individuals that participate in this network are either employed by, or volunteers involved with, the different NGO coalition partners, or individual 'supporters' that subscribe to the aims and objectives of Timberwatch. In brief, these aims and objectives are as follows:
1. To provide a credible body of informed opinion relating to timber plantations and their impacts.
2. To ensure that where no alternative land-use is possible that plantations are correctly situated.
3. To participate in and monitor research relevant to the subject of timber plantation impacts.
4. To lobby for balanced strategic land-use plans that prioritises conservation and food security.
5. To ensure that the highest possible standards in plantation practice are employed and maintained.
6. To demand the eradication of invasive alien plants that spread from timber plantation areas.
7. To ensure proper protection of grasslands, wetlands, and forests in timber plantation areas.
8. To be represented on state bodies responsible for approving water use licences for new plantations.
9. To monitor and to raise awareness of the location, extent and impacts of illegal timber plantations.
10.To document and raise awareness of the impacts of industrial timber processing activities.
Should you wish to work for Timberwatch as a volunteer, please e-mail your details including areas of expertise to firstname.lastname@example.org